Verval Ltd. is a first-class company with a national presence in the field of commercial, industrial, institutional building envelope technology. Over the years, the company has developed a real expertise allowing them to offer products and services of incomparable quality, while leveraging their growth through strategic alliances with international partners. Verval is a benchmark in the construction industry in terms of reliability and harmonious business relationships. Their focus is mainly set on very large-scale projects that allow them to achieve this objective.
Considering their reputation in the industry, they are proud to offer a superior quality of life to their employees through continuous training and a harmonious work environment.
For further information about Verval, please visit: www.verval.com
Verval Ltd. is currently seeking a new General Manager to support the company’s growth and development.
Nature of the contribution
Reporting to the President, the General Manager (GM) contributes to the development of the strategic plan and plays a leading role in the implementation and internal execution of this plan with the entire team. To this end, the individual is primarily responsible for the planning, the organization, the coordination and the control of the company’s operational plan through all their business units: Technical, Procurement, Project Services, Manufacturing and Installation. The GM is responsible to define the requirements in terms of capacity and resource capability (e.g. human, financial, etc.) to support each project, and to verify that Verval has the capacity and capability to meet those requirements when selecting and scheduling projects.
In a market of opportunities, the main challenges to ensure the company’s growth are to maintain Verval’s winning culture based on a high level of employee competence, the implementation of effective governance strategies, and the establishment of engaging relationships with customers, with employees, between employees, as well as with suppliers. The ideal candidate understands and knows the principles of building a winning organization and wants to have an impact.
- Participate in the company’s strategic planning process in line with business priorities and objectives.
- Develop and implement the company’s operational plan, direct and coordinate all activities, business objectives and performance indicators for all business units.
- Review and approve specific initiatives for all business units by allocating human, material and financial resources, and actively supporting their deployment.
- Provide a solid leadership and mobilize the teams by communicating the company’s vision, while building a strong commitment around shared business priorities and objectives.
- Build the organizational structure in line with strategic priorities, and coordinate workforce plans, recruitment and talent development strategies.
- Ensure the training of team members and support the teams in the management of their business unit in taking into account the budgetary and financial processes, as well as the objectives and key results already set (technical, human and financial).
- Optimize operational efficiency and adapt the company’s capabilities in line with the requirements of current and future projects by leading the company’s continuous improvement and problem-solving processes.
- Achieve operational synergy, not only through process integration and optimization, but also by coaching and developing human resources.
- Communicate the company’s vision, create commitment by encouraging harmonious relationships within the teams.
- Maintain profitable relationships with key customers and strategic partners (suppliers) of the company.
- Ensure that the company’s capabilities are well-suited to meet the requirements of current and future projects, as well as maintain the momentum of the work of the teams are largely dependent on this position. It goes without saying that the performance of the GM has a significant impact on profitability, process improvement, customer satisfaction and corporate image.
- Improve operational efficiency through the implementation of systems and processes.
- The main challenges in securing the growth of the company and recruiting new employees lie in the ability to maintain a winning culture based on a high level of employee competence, implement effective governance strategies, and establish engaging relationships with customers, employees, as well as among employees and with suppliers alike.
- Considering that Verval’s vision is to carry out complex, unique and large-scale projects in a highly variable market where there is less competition and where Verval has established a strong reputation, the ability to quickly adapt is crucial to preserve their profitability.
Education and Experience:
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in business administration or other relevant discipline.
- Minimum of 10 years of managerial experience, with at least 4 years in a senior management role.
- Management experience in engineering, manufacturing, construction or building envelope technology (an asset).
- Knowledge of SAP management software package (an asset).
- Proficiency in oral and written communications in French and English.
Qualifications and skills:
- Ability to mobilize resources (plan, organize and control).
- Team leadership and communication.
- Strong entrepreneurial drive: action and results oriented.
Working conditions and benefits that make all the difference
- Worksite flexibility (geographic location of the candidate).
- Work-life balance.
- Attractive and flexible compensation package.
Candidates who wish to apply for this position must provide us with their current resume via e-mail. You will receive an acknowledgement confirming that we have received your documents.
Verval Ltd. provides an environment that is free of discrimination, and invites Women, Indigenous people, visible or ethnic minorities and people with disabilities to submit their candidacy. It you have a disability and need assistance to participate in you hiring evaluation process, please let us know in a timely manner so accommodation measures may be taken to enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner. We will keep this information strictly confidential.